Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A belated Tasty Tuesday

I've mentioned before that I'm a horrible blogger, right? Okay, just checking. If it's any consolation I assure you that the recipe I'm about to give you was well worth the wait! I've been on an apple kick lately, so let's stick with that wonderful fruit shall we? Today I'm going to show you how to make apple nachos!!! (Insert excitement here)



You'll need:

4 honey crisp apples (cored and sliced thin)

30 large marshmallows

1/3 cup butter (cubed)

1/3 cup mini chocolate chips

1/3 cup chopped nut topping of your choice

1/4 cup caramel apple dip

Sprite


While you're preparing the drizzle topping, leave the apple slices soaking in Sprite to prevent browning. In a large saucepan melt butter and marshmallows. Arrange apple slices on a large platter. Pour caramel into a ziploc bag, then snip off one corner with scissors to allow caramel to drizzle over apples. Drizzle marshmallow mixture over apples, then sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment