Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

I've decided that every Tuesday for kicks and giggles I'm going to post a new recipe of the types of food I actually cook/bake. Let me be clear to the foodies out there eager for awesome new ideas-you will not find any gourmet meals here! I'm a busy gal with a random schedule and I prefer 30-minute meals to the four-course variety, but I do enjoy spending some time in the kitchen so I'll share my favorite quickie recipes here :) Today's recipe is for pink lemonade cupcakes. They're deliciously tart and the perfect unexpected treat for any occasion.


You'll need:


1 package white cake mix


3 egg whites


1 cup water


1/3 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate (thawed)


2 tablespoons vegetable oil


5 drops red food coloring



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper baking cups. Beat all ingredients in a large bowl with electric mixer for about 2 minutes. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for approximately 20 minutes.


You can frost the cupcakes with any kind of frosting you desire, but if you like to make your own like I do then mix 1/4 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate (thawed), 1/3 cup softened butter, and 4 cups powdered sugar. You can add a few drops of red food coloring if you'd like the frosting to also be pink.


No comments:

Post a Comment