Saturday, July 2, 2011

I'm only a little obsessed

Up until recently I had never been to a yard sale. Shocking, right? I've coordinated plenty of them for fundraisers when I was involved in school athletics and organizations, and I've even held my own when I find my house is feeling cluttered with stuff I don't need, but actually going to one is a much different experience. An amazing, thrilling, adrenaline-inducing experience! It's true what they say that one man's trash is another man's treasure. I found so many items that I was shocked people wanted rid of...and for so cheap! I've definitely caught the yard sale bug, and now I find myself giddily scoping out Craigslist for upcoming sales. I was recently introduced to yardsaletreasuremap.com and that has raised my level of insanity a bit. It uses listings posted on Craigslist to create a map and route of all the sales within a set radius of your address. It's pretty neat and helps make me a much more efficient yard sale fanatic haha I will be sure to post pics of any thrifty awesomeness I find this weekend so keep your eyes peeled for that in a separate post!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly!? You have never been to a garage sale before now? Wow!

    ReplyDelete