Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Broccoli Cornbread

This recipe is from my grandma. Growing up she would make it often to accompany pretty much anything we had for dinner. I was a picky eater as a child so she was always trying to hide vegetables and other nutritious stuff in foods I actually liked so that I had a semi-balanced diet :)


You'll need:

1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix

1 12oz. carton of cottage cheese

1 stick of margarine-softened

1 10oz. package frozen chopped broccoli-thawed and drained

4 eggs

1 tsp salt

1 medium onion, chopped

*Since I love cheese, I sometimes add 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar


Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. You can pour into a greased baking dish, iron skillet, or muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment