Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Myles update

Our foster dog Myles has been with us exactly a month now and he is doing great! He's become so well-mannered since coming to our home and I'm finding myself really falling for the little guy. He's learned how to sit and shake and we're now working on getting him to lay down and stay on command. I'm pleased to announce he has also gotten much more obedient and I'm enjoying having him actually listen to me now. Since he likes to chew we choose to keep him in his crate with toys during the day while we're at work. It used to be that I'd have to physically pick him up and put him in the crate because he would run from me when he knew it was time to go in, but now I can simply tell him to get in his kennel and he trots right in! I vowed not to be a foster failure so I'm hoping with his newly learned tricks and calm demeanor he will get adopted soon so I don't have time to get anymore attached than I already am! I'll continue posting about his progress but for now I leave you all with a picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment