Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Stuffed French Toast

I love french toast. Like, a lot. The other day an IHOP commercial got me craving some french toast and so I decided to make some. It may or may not have been my dinner. Anyway, here is the recipe I used utilizing stuff I had laying around the house.


You'll need:

1 8oz. package softened cream cheese

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 teaspoon honey

1 loaf of soft french bread

4 beaten eggs

1 cup of milk

1 jar strawberry preserves


Beat cream cheese, honey, and vanilla until creamy. Cut the bread into 1 1/2 inch thick slices and make a slit in each slice creating a pocket. Fill with about 1-2 tablespoons (as much as you can fit!) of the cream cheese mixture. Mix eggs and milk together in a small bowl and dip the pieces of bread in the mixture before frying both sides in a pan over medium heat. Top with preserves before indulging :)

1 comment: