Sunday, September 25, 2011

My first wedding cake

A month or so ago I posted that I was starting to really get into cake decorating and that a friend had asked me to make her wedding cake. I was nervous since I'd only made two cakes total at that time and I didn't want to ruin her big day by bringing something ugly to her nuptials, but the reality is the cake turned out pretty great if I can say so myself! This is my first wedding cake and it won't be my last since I was asked by a guest at the reception if I would make a cake for her upcoming wedding. I'm so excited that what was just supposed to be a hobby of mine is actually turning into a little side business! I thought I would share a picture with you so you can be excited with me :)

4 comments:

  1. Omygosh it's gorgeous! I can't believe you have only made one cake before.

    Also, I used your acorn treats as a part of my 31 Day Spooktacular. They were so cute I had to try them!

    Here's my post...
    http://whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com/2011/09/day-6-of-31-day-spooktacular-acorn.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Coley! Your acorn treats turned out great :) Glad you liked the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very good!! How did you make the fondant or did you buy it ready? I've tried making fondant before and didn't really succeed. Your cake looks professional and you definitely should start your business :) Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarissa thanks for the compliment! For this particular cake I used the ready-made fondant. I've made fondant in the past though using a marshmallow recipe and it usually turns out just fine, although a bit sticky sometimes! Here's a link where you can find my preferred fondant recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/marshmallow-fondant/detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete