Monday, September 12, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Broccoli Potatoes

I'm posting a Tasty Tuesday recipe a bit early to make sure it gets done since my day is going to be a busy one tomorrow! This is a recipe I haven't actually tried myself yet, but am really looking forward to! I found this on Pinterest (which I only recently discovered after finally hopping on the bandwagon) and it looks absolutely delicious, not to mention healthy.



You'll need:

1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes-scrubbed and cut into wedges

4 cups broccoli florets

1/2 cup cheddar cheese

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

1/2 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon salt



Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add potatoes, then cover and steam for 10 minutes. Remove lid and place broccoli on top of potatoes, cover and steam until both potatoes and broccoli are are tender. Transfer broccoli to a bowl and mash with potato masher. Add potatoes, cheese, milk, and salt and continue mashing to desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment