Thursday, May 26, 2011

Caulking trick

Maybe it's just me, but I find caulking to be a little difficult. It should be easy in theory-squeeze it in a straight line, wet your finger, smear it, done-but I somehow end up getting too much on the wall and it looks messy to me. It could be the fact that I'm OCD and have a need to make everything down to even this little detail perfect haha But either way if anyone else is struggling with this or just wants a way to make the caulk lines look more clean and less gobbed I found a video that shows an easy way to get professional-looking results using painter's tape. It's a simple, genius solution that I would have never thought of!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! I should have watched this video a few weeks ago before I caulked our backsplash!

    ReplyDelete